Snowflakes softly falling, novelty reindeer sweater, eggnog, a roaring fire, making a snowman…wait what? This is not an Australian Christmas! It’s more like prawns on the barbie, swim in the ocean, schvitzing in the heat and flitting from family to friends’ events because it's not like we are getting stuck in a blizzard for three days. We don’t celebrate like other countries do, so of course our wardrobe isn’t going to be a one size fits all either. Unencumbered by the cold, blessed by the warm breezes with no coat or beany in sight, I’ve compiled a list of 6 dresses that are perfect accompaniments to every activity you may have this holiday.
FORMAL CHRISTMAS EVE
I was born in Europe so a big, fancy, ott dinner is a must. Along with going so extravagant on food that I have leftovers till the New Year ( I’m eagerly awaiting you turkey sandwiches), I always dress up in something beautiful. This year I have slotted this star spangled Leo and Lin dress, Roger Vivier slippers and matching Kismet by Milka star diamond earrings at the top of my wish list.
XMAS BRUNCH WITH FRIENDS:
One last catch up before everyone flies off to see their families so it’s an opportune time to take the festive mood board and deconstruct it. Give the Xmas tree a run for it’s money with this cool Prada dress while making Santa jealous with red hot Christian Louboutin boots and Prada bag
CHRISTMAS DRINKS :
Heading out to a party? It’s time to slip into some Bec & Bridge dark green lamé , grab a Dior saddle bag, put on some Mercedes Castillo mules (from Net-a-Porter) and turn yourself into a disco goddess. Trust me, this dress loves a dance.
CHRISTMAS ON THE BEACH:
Having Christmas lunch with the family, then heading to the beach for a dip? You need a dress that can multitask , so may I suggest this Zimmermann silk number that loves to play with the breeze whilst keeping you as cool as a cucumber. Accessorize with a Lack Of Colour hat, Karen Walker sunglasses and Christian Dior slides for tonal perfection
CHRISTMAS BBQ WITH FRIENDS:
Hanging with your homies this year and just kicking back? You need something cool and chill, yet sexy enough in case that cute guy is there- I feel this Dion Lee baby is your ticket. Pair it with a roomy Cult Gaia bag, Ancient Greek Sandals and a Reliquia initial necklace that will help him remember your name.
PICNIC WITH YOUR LOVE
:Family isn’t on the cards this year but gazing into your boyfriend’s eyes as you eat ham sandwiches and sip champagne is? It doesn’t get more romantic and gorgeous than this fine lace Dior dress. Add a snakeskin print bag by Rejina Pyo ( from Net-a-Porter) for a reference to Eve in the Garden, while keeping it dressed down in Ancient Greek Sandals
Self shot on Nikon D750
This editorial first appeared on vogue.com.au
This season take on the subversive allure of silky lace and sharp tailoring for a femme fatale Parisian charm that is always en vogue.
1. L’oreal Paris Preference Glam Lights comes in a variety of shades because the look of bronde is je ne sais pas nonchalance. Bronde means easy sun kissed lightening and unintentionally perfect highlights across brunette, blonde and caramel base tones. Beautifully multidimensional customisable colour at your fingertips is the new trend du jour. (selection of shades now available from the L’oreal Preference Glam Lights range)
2. Evoking floral undertones with heady spices is the easy way to an alluring Spring ( Tom Ford’s Santal Blush)
3. Match your mannish, tailored suit with delicate silk underwear for the perfect mix of business woman and seductress ( Agent Provocateur lingerie)
4. Sharp tailoring requires timeless accessories ( Hermes Collier de Chiens cuff )
5. Shoes can speak volumes about an outfit. Spike your suit with pointy heels and red python ( mules from Christian Louboutin)
6. A camel coat is forever. This season play on texture as a focal point but stay mindful of forever piece potential of perfect tailoring ( Max Mara alpaca coat )